Tuesday 27 September 2011

Acer Aspire 5920G 15.4-inch Laptop

There's really only one word to sum up this laptop - wow!

I can't believe Acer are making any profit on these units because for £430 you aren't compromising on anything. The combination of the Core2Duo processor and 4GB of memory means that you aren't left waiting for anything to load. From sleep Windows boots in 3 seconds. From a full shutdown startup it takes around 10 seconds to boot up - simply stunning performance!








The display (aided by the 256MB dedicated ATI graphics card) is crystal clear and even in bright conditions glare is minimal. I'm not a gamer so I can't comment on how the graphics card would hold up under stress however for general use it is superb. An integrated webcam wasn't a deal breaker for me however I was really impressed with the clarity of the picture - and it has a built in microphone for can be used for skype/video conferencing.

The 5 in 1 card reader is a sinch to use and again the pictures look amazing on the display.

With the Dolby Home Theatre sound system with subwoofer the sound quality is impressive. A nice touch is that there is volume toggle on the front of the case which gives means you don't have to go into the Windows utility to change the volume. The combination of the sound and display really gives the laptop an extra dimension of being a portable DVD player - which is handy as it will be coming with us on a holiday to Florida to keep our 2 year old entertained!

I was concerned with various reviews I had read regarding the quality of the keyboard however I can't fault it. The keys feel sturdy without much travel which assists those who like to type fast.



There are three main battery profiles along with a custom option. I am using the balanced profile and have achieved over 2 hours use each time however the supporting documentation says the battery life improves after several full charge/drain cycles. 


Apart from the technology its also aesthetically pleasing. The top of the case is glossy black and whilst this will show up any scratches it picks up over its lifetime it looks brilliant. The inside of the laptop is a creamy white which gives it quite a warm appearance and also helps when typing in low light conditions. I was concerned about the inside colour when I ordered it however I would actually include this criteria in future purchases as a plus point.

Basically I can't fault this laptop at all and for the price its simply a steal and I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment